Welcome everybody to another DIY tutorial. As a Spring welcomed us with beautiful weather I decided to get on and make some new things for my wardrobe. In this post, I will explain step by step how to make this cami top and midi skirt co-ord set. I decided to make a set rather than a dress as you can wear them both separate and that gives me more outfit options. This is a super simple tutorial that doesn’t require advanced sewing skills so if you are just a beginner this is something for you.
Step by step guide on how to make cami top:
1. Cut two the same pieces out of desired fabric and stitch sides together. Then overlock the side seam allowance and the hem. Next topstitch hem with a 2cm topstitch line.
2. Then cut out facing using the same fabric (approx. 14cm length). Pin cami straps into a wanted position and stitch them together ( remember to sew right to right side of the fabric ) then bag it out.
3. Finish off by overlocking hem with a topstitch.
Step by step guide on how to make the midi skirt:
1. Cut two the same pieces out of desired fabric and stitch sides together. Then overlock the side seam allowance and the hem. Next topstitch hem with a 2cm stitch line.
2. Then cut out one 8cm high waistband in the same fabric. Attach the waistband to the skirt by starting from inside and finishing on the outside with a topstitch ( Leave around 6cm gap when topstitching waistband)
3. Insert the elastic to the waistband and finish off the 6cm gap by continuing topstitching.
[wpforms id=”7068″ title=”false” description=”false”]